Monday, December 3, 2007

London

Today actually marks the 90 days since I left Microsoft's Market Expansion Group [aka Windows Emerging Markets]. Looking back on it, I must say I had a truly fantastic and fortunate experience at Microsoft in a lot of ways. I was fortunate to travel and 'do business' around the world for 2 year from Jakarta to New Delhi to Sao Paulo. I was able to work on a nascent business [Windows XP Starter Edition] which is now a full-fledged SKU of Windows and driving Microsoft to re-think how it prices Windows around the world. I also go to work on a brand new product, FlexGo which could alter they way Windows is bought and sold [and I think V3 and beyond will!]. Of course I'll miss these parts. And of course, this is trite but I'll miss the people the most. Since I've left, people from MEG have ended up in some cool places including start-ups, SVP jobs, Cisco, MSN. Even before I left, people went some great places like Grameen, Actis and other places. The lure of emerging markets and the opportunity definitely brought together some great people.

Kate and I have moved to London and I am now at Google. I am in business development and working on various partnerships across Europe. Moving to London is, of course, non-trivial and I'll try to keep a log of my various mis-cues as I get to learn the English culture first hand.

No comments: